Friday, January 16, 2009

I realized I needed to send a shout out to the Lee Family. Betsy was my saving grace 4 months ago. I got on the list for Cox Souths daycare the day I found out I was pregnant. That was Dec.6Th 2007. Come Aug. 2008 when Ketron was born I called to find out what number I was on the list. I was around 30 something. Then in September I called back and I was 20 something. I told them I was going back to work in Oct. and they told me they had just moved several kids up to the next age group and all the infants were a long way from walking. Now it is Jan and I'm still 13 out.
2 weeks before I went back to work I interviewed a babysitter who I did not have a good feeling about. I felt like I was settling because I had no other options. That is not something a mom of a three month old who is getting ready to leave for the first time wants to feel. I spent the last few weeks of maternity leave with an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach. The Friday before I went back to work I had an emotional breakdown. I started crying and didn't stop until I fell asleep. I was emotionally drained. I was ready to just quit work. Then Jon said how about Betsy. Her and her husband Don are friends of ours who live in Willard. They have been our saviors more than once. The week Jon and I signed the papers on our new house Jon got sent to Alabama for work. We had to get a fence built in the back yard for Kaycee and Don came over on his day off and built the fence. Then I called Betsy to see if she was interested in keeping Ketron. She said yeah no problem she had just quit a job and was free. She has watched several kids in the past. Amen. The nauseous feeling left immediately. I don't think we could ever possible repay them. Ketron loves them so much.
Ketron stays with Betsy at her house just him and her Monday-Thursday. Could a full time working Mom fall into a better situation. I just asked Betsy last week after much contemplation if she was interested in watching Ketron indefinitely. She said yes. I don't think I could bare the emotional stress on Ketron and I, moving him to the daycare after all this time. I am just going to wait until he is preschool age and get him in part time for preschool. I can not tell you how much time out of my day is consumed by wondering, worrying, planing out Ketrons life. Maybe thats why I feel like I have lost my mind in every other aspect. There is nothing left after the portion Ketron takes up. Just today I was wondering if the elementary's have microwaves available for the kids to use because I could pack Ketron a much better lunch if he had access to a microwave. Is that normal?

This is Cameron. Don & Betsy's youngest. Ketron thinks he is the best because Cameron is always running around like a maniac. Ketron loves to watch him.

This is Betsy. No she doesn't have a 1980's pulled back bangs poof going on. That is a shadow. Thank you Betsy you are our knight in shining armour.

This is Millie Ketron's "little" dog friend. She is so sweet and gentle as all great danes are.

This is Shelby. The oldest. As you can tell by the picture Ketron hates her. LOL

Last but not least Becka. Becka loves kids. She is usually playing with him when I pick him up.

No comments: